Members as the main focus
Without our members Language Experts could not do the work it currently does. Our goal is to provide support and guidance for language specialists. Members’ needs shape the work we do and provide a basis for all our actions.
The members of Language Experts work in multiple fields, in multiple ways. Our work in the organization reflects that. It is common for language specialists in Finland to simultaneously work under different contracts. For example, a person might have an employment contract and, in addition to that, take up work as a freelancer or have their own business.
People also switch between different modes of earning throughout their career, depending on their situation. We want to make sure that people know their rights and that legislation is as transparent to them as possible.
With Akava Special Branches, we offer our members support and concrete benefits to help with employment, education and more. For example, we provide career guidance, develop pay recommendations, organize short courses on topical subjects and beyond. Akava Special Branches offers members services such as legal advice and negotiates collective agreements for different sectors.
Our member benefits include:
- Earnings-related unemployment benefits through ERKO
- Advice on legal affairs, employment, wages and fees, including minimum wage recommendations
- Specialized Continual Professional Development (CPD) and networking events, including for students
Additionally, members get the following services:
- Third-party and legal expenses insurance
- Travel and accident insurance
- Monthly email newsletters and an annual magazine, both in print and online
- Guidebooks, for example, for remote interpreting
- Grants and scholarships
- Discounts for purchases through partner companies
If you are interested in becoming a member, please fill out the application form here (in Finnish) or contact our office via email at email@example.com. You can also check our membership fees on our website in Finnish here and in Swedish here.