Nordic Seminar 2020: Call for presentations
Language Experts, Finnish professional organisation for sign language interpreters as well as translators, terminologists and other language professionals, is honoured to host Nordic Seminar 2020 on May 15-17, 2020 in Turku, Finland.
Nordic Seminar 2020, May 15 - 17 in Turku, Finland
Let’s interact! - Making effective connections with colleagues and the sign language community
Call for Presentations
Deadline for submission: December 5, 2019
The main theme of the conference is interaction in its different forms and dimensions. The presentations can focus on interaction between signed language interpreters and working teams, within interpreted settings, or between the signed language interpreter community and the larger Sign Language community.
We are looking for knowledge based on research and experience in the field of SLI and hope to share applied theories and models in everyday use. The presentation can address e.g. one of the following questions:
- How can effective interaction help interpreter teams to work better?
- What are the recent findings in the study of interpreter mediated interaction?
- Where and how does the interaction happen?
- How can we improve interaction? How can we build towards better interaction amongst each other?
The conference consists of presentations which may be in the form:
- Individual or group presentations
- Practical workshops
- Poster presentations
Individual or group presentations
Presentations will be allotted 30 minutes each, followed by a 10 minute discussion.
The poster size is A0 or A1. Posters are presented during a designated poster session.
There will be three parallel workshops, each 90 minutes long. The workshops are “hands on” and provide a topic that can be applied to everyday use.
How to submit a proposal for a presentation
The abstracts for both papers and poster presentations are limited to 300 words, references not included.
Proposals should include:
- Name of presenter(s)
- Short biography of each presenter (max. 100 words to be published online and in the program booklet)
- Contact details for correspondence
- Presentation title
- Presentation language*
- Abstract (max. 300 written words in English)
- Type of presentation (presentation, workshop, poster)
* Conference languages will be English, International Sign and FinSL, but presentations in other languages are also welcome. However, all presenters wishing to use any other spoken or signed language will have to provide their own interpreters.
All proposals should be sent to NordicSeminar2020@gmail.com no later than December 5, 2019.
The abstracts will be reviewed and presenters will be chosen by the organising committee with the help of representatives chosen from the national sign language interpreter associations in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, The Faroe Islands and Iceland.
The proposal submitters will be notified of acceptance or rejection by December 20, 2019 by the organising committee.
More information: NordicSeminar2020@gmail.com